You know how when you read a blog often, and you comment back and forth, and then you start to feel like you know the writer and like you are sorta kinda friends? Right? Right?
So…some of these are sorta kinda my friends, some are mere acquaintances, a few are just like my stalking victims and one is an actual-real-life-flesh-and-blood-her-number-is-in-my-phone friend. Also, this is in no way a countdown (so don’t get jealous), I just number things because I like lists…I believe I may have mentioned my love of lists before.
- Our Nerd Home: Kat & Cam are a self-proclaimed geeky couple that mostly post about nerdy DIY projects. I found this blog on Pinterest because of a Doctor Who themed rug. Now, I am seriously considering making a Star Trek themed, mid-century style pet bed because it is so dang cute, and I really want to get the cats off of my couch.
- Crunchy, Crafty and Highly Caffeinated: I met Anne Marie at a Saturday morning SITSblogging twitter party, and I decided to follow her when I saw the Tardis in her profile pic. 😀 She has been instrumental in helping me build up my “blogger tribe” as they say. I love reading her parenting and activity posts, and this tweet of hers is one of my absolute favorites.
- Creme de la Crumb: Tiffany describes herself as a self-taught cook and a lover of white chocolate, and I love getting her recipes in my inbox because the photos always make me ravenous. I first visited her site because of a delicious flatbread pizza recipe I found on Pinterest, which I just so happened to include in my pizza roundup post a while back. Even if you aren’t much of a cook, you should follow her blog and live vicariously through her fantastic food fotography (I know it is a ph but I like alliteration yo).
- Half a 1000 Miles: I found, or stumbled upon, this blog on Stumbleupon. I paused to peruse because of the big, bold, red tagline “What the ever-loving shit kind of site is this?” emblazoned across the top. I read every post as soon as it pops up in my inbox, and she always has me LOL-ing. One day, she even convinced me to buy a popcorn maker! This blog is goofy, silly and often times a little inappropriate-exactly the way I like my humor.
- LHB blog: Ruebi is (her words-not mine) a pole dancing student, aspiring yogi and newbie Buddhist with hypothyroidism, an anxiety disorder and depression whose life ambition is to write her name in the snow using a She-Wee. Yep. I found her on Instagram because of a cute VW bus pic. A visit to her blog will not disappoint. ***that is an affiliate link on the She-Wee btw, I will most likely be sending those out as Christmas gifts this year***
- Unrehearsed: This one is a mom-blog about parenting a tween that I found at a link-up party. Tiffany shared a really lovely post about her husband and step-parenting. It spoke to me as I am recently remarried (just celebrated our one year anniversary), and my husband is working hard to fill those father figure shoes. I subscribed before I finished reading the post.
- The OMG Spot: I literally just started following this blog last week! I went to her site because she left an amazing comment on one of my recent posts, and conversing with her via the comment section made me wanna be friends. 🙂 Bekah is all kinds of hilarious, but a quick warning she says her blog “ain’t for the faint of heart or pure of soul”. Proceed with caution if you are the sensitive type.
- Morgan Manages Mommyhood: This is obviously another mom-blog, but Morgan also posts a lot of great blogging tips. I found this one about setting up a blog template to be especially helpful even if it is still on my to-do list. I came across her site while doing an Instagram challenge last month, and let me say her babies are adorable with their big blue eyes.
- Manda Writes Things: This is the first blog I ever subscribed to. A Facebook friend shared this post, and I spent a good portion of an afternoon reading the rest of her stuff. Another warning, Manda is not for everyone. Her humor is sarcastic, bordering on caustic, and she is quite liberal and political. If that sound like your cup of tea, I highly recommend reading a post or two.
- Freshman Thesis Cooks: I have included this one, even though it has been a year since her last post, because it belongs to my real-life friend. Her posts are witty and full of good, nutritious recipes to try. It is a chronicle of the search for her white whale: the healthy recipe that her picky-eater husband will enjoy. I don’t know about him, but I was pretty satisfied with this muffin recipe.
So that is it my friends, 10 blogs for your viewing pleasure. I hope you find something that entertains you in this list. 🙂
What did I miss? Do you have a favorite blog I should check out?