I love to shop on Etsy . I have been buying Christmas and birthday gifts there for years. I love to support the small businesses, artists, and creators, and I have been able to find some really unique and personal gifts that I definitely would not have run across in a regular department store.
I realize that Etsy is so massive and can be kinda intimidating because it is just so full of awesomeness! So, I did a ton of work for you 😉 I spent a few hours scouring the shops and goodies, and compiled this list of winners that I think you will enjoy. I have separated them into general categories for ease of browsing, but honestly, I think all of the things are fantastic, and I would be happy receiving any of them myself (well maybe not the beard wash). I will start with the general his and her categories and then break it down from there.
I hope you find plenty of gift ideas to grab for the special people in your life. Note: Some of these items are one-ofs, but if the item has already been purchased, the link will take you to the shop so you can check out what else they have on offer. I attempted to choose items from shops with many cool bits to sell, just in case some of you are late to the game. 🙂
***This post contains affiliate links, which means this blog will receive compensation if you make a purchase using one of these links. It does not change the price of the item for you. Thank you for your support. ***
Gifts for Her
- Succulent Gift Box: The box contains 3 plants in burlap-wrapped pots nestled inside a gift box. The set includes a customizable gift tag and care instructions. The seller also carries other terrarium kits and gift boxes. Succulents make a great gift because they are fairly easy to care for, so even a plant killer like me can manage them.
- Eiffel Tower Pocket Mirror: This 60mm compact mirror is decorated with a floral pattern and the Eiffel tower. A handmade item that is inexpensive and comes in its own organza bag. Ships from France, and is the perfect size to slip in your purse for emergency touch-ups or to spy on someone sitting behind you in a restaurant.
- Bath Bomb Set: An all-natural and vegan set of 11 bath bombs in various scents, each one is individually wrapped, and they come in a pretty box tied with silk ribbon. The seller will include a handwritten gift card if you desire. I have never purchased bath bombs before, but I was told by a co-worker that the price on these is an excellent deal.
- Abstract Watercolor: This abstract watercolor painting is titled Coastal Beauty and is a gorgeous swirl of blues and golds. You can order the work in different sizes and materials, and each piece is signed and dated by the artist. I love this piece.
- Sweater Mittens: A pair of wool mittens made from reclaimed sweaters with fleece lining are sure to keep her hands nice and toasty this winter. Plus, they are really pretty. The store has many different colors and styles to choose from (this link goes to a purple and gray pair), and they also offer custom orders, in case you want a special pair for yourself too.
Gifts for Him
- Ship in a Bottle: A vintage French ship in a bottle that is nearly 12″ long! Made of wood with paper sails, this item ships from the U.S. and is a true vintage find. This is a really cool gift for someone that is into nautical stuff (like my Coastie father) or has a seaside/beachy decor.
- Engraved Swiss Army Knife: A Victorinox Swiss Army explorer knife that is custom engraved. The knife has a large blade, small blade, magnifying glass, can opener, small screwdriver, bottle opener with large screwdriver and wire stripper, scissors, reamer with sewing eye, corkscrew, hook, toothpick, tweezers, and a key ring. Pretty much covers everything, I think.
- Beard Care Kit: Beardsman’s Heavy Bag kit includes beard oil, beard balm, beard wash, beard comb, beard soap, mustache wax, and lip poultice. There are four scents to choose from, and the whole kit and caboodle is packaged in a “manly” burlap sack with gift tag. I got my husband beard wash for Christmas two years ago, and he is still using it to maintain his voluptuous facial hair.
- Etched Drinking Glasses: A set of four pint or rocks glasses etched in your choice design. I ordered these for my BIL and his girlfriend last year, and the shop owner was nice enough to split the set and do two each with their favorite baseball team logos on them (Braves and Redsox). It was super cool of her to do that for me! She is able to do so many designs, I am sure you will be able to get the one that you need.
- Edison Lamp: This was the first thing I chose to include in the guide because I just really freakin loved it. This lamp would be perfect on a desk in a study or hanging out on a bookshelf. I doubt it really illuminates all that much, but sometimes things are just about form and not at all about function. This guy has form in spades.
Gifts for a Cook
- Dishwasher Magnet: I am sure that all of you have already made my dishwasher magnet for your own kitchen, but just in case you wanted something different to give as a gift…here is one made from scrabble tiles. Why didn’t I think of that?
- Personalized Serving Tray: I think this slate serving tray is beautiful. I am not really the entertaining type, but if I was, I would totally rock this tray at my fancy dinner parties. It is made of black slate with a natural quarried edge and stainless steel handles. I bet it is heavy. Also, a super awesome bit the shop owners are offering a special $5 coupon for readers of this guide! Use the code 5OFF25 when placing your order and mention that you saw it here!
- Unisex Chef Apron: An adjustable linen apron with gray stripes will keep your lovey looking fly while scrambling those eggs in the morning. It has a nice pocket in the front for storing the salt shaker or spatula (I don’t cook, so I actually don’t know why aprons have pockets). These are custom made and take 1-2 weeks, so place your order lickety-split.
- Olive Wood Salad Bowls: A set of four gorgeous salad bowls handmade from olive trees. These bowls are B-E-A-utiful. Actually, everything in this shop is lovely. I almost linked this wooden honey pot because it was so dang cute, but then I thought “do people really need a honeypot?” I really don’t know if they do or not because I am not sure why honey is stored in a pot, but if you do need one, this store has a really pretty one.
- Personalized Cutting Board: This bamboo cutting board is engraved with your choice of initials or design. I purchased one of these for my FIL two Christmases ago, and he was quite fond of it. The turnaround time was very quick too.
Gifts for a Book Lover
- The Raven Scarf: A large chiffon scarf with Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven printed on it in black and white. I love this scarf, and if I was a scarf wearer, I would definitely be rocking it (scarves make my head look weird). They have other literary options available if you want something a little less Poe-y.
- Bookstore Scented Candle: I love the smell of a bookstore. This soy candle is a mix of driftwood, coffee, mahogany, and leather. It sounds like a bookstore to me 🙂
- A Blind Date: Ever been on a blind date with a book? This little gem of a gift is a monthly subscription to a randomly selected book in a genre of your choosing shipped out at regular intervals. The book comes wrapped up in pretty brown paper tied with twine, the store throws in a few tea bags and a little note to make the gift extra special. I think this sounds like a really fun gift to give and to receive!
- Quote Bracelet: This bracelet is a long wrap cuff made of leather with the quote “Not all those who wander are lost” engraved into it. The quote is customizable, but I am not sure why you would want a different one. Heart LOTR.
- Library Necklace: A handmade art pendant and a matching link chain with a glass dome sealed piece of artwork. The library art would make an excellent gift for a lover of reading. I purchased one with compass art for my stepmom for her birthday last year, and there are also a ton of other designs if you need something else.
Gifts for the Vintage Lover
- Floral Bookmarks: These vintage style metal and clay bookmarks are lovely. Available in beige and blue and shipped in a jewelry gift box. I would recommend these for a vintage lover or a book lover.
- Cameo Ring: A vintage style navy and ivory rose cameo mounted on a brass filigree band. This ring is very pretty, and apparently, the band is adjustable so it should fit pretty much anyone. I am not a big jewelry wearer, although I do like it on other people. This is one of those pieces that I think would look lovely on someone else 🙂
- Messenger Bag: This item is described as a vintage Euro-military canvas messenger bag…from the 1980s. Oh man, am I old enough to be vintage????? Sigh. Well, at least the bag is really cool. It mentions that it would make a good diaper bag for a dad, but I think it would make a good any kind of bag for me 😉
- Birds in Flight Brooch: A vintage 1950s moonglow brooch of two birds in flight, one in pink and one in blue. It is adorable. Also, I personally know this shop owner, and she is a vintage jewelry guru. She has two stores worth of amazing pieces. If you like antique and vintage jewelry, CHECK HER OUT.
- Art Deco Bangle: A vintage 1930s filigree bracelet with a black faux onyx stone. Gorgeous is all I can say about it. I know I have mentioned that I am not a jewelry person, but this bracelet is so pretty, it makes me want to wear it myself.
Gifts with a Little Nerdiness
- Imperial Walker Clock: Honestly, I don’t think I need to type a description here. If you don’t know what it is by the title you aren’t going to want it, and if you do know what it is by the title you already want it, right? But just in case you actually want a description: It is a black acrylic clock cut in the shape of Imperial Walkers from Star Wars.
- Batman Cufflinks: Again, not much description required. 😀 These cufflinks are made from solid stainless steel, and they are cut into the bat symbol. The gift that Gotham deserves.
- Laser Cats Switch Plate: This item is a light switch plate cover with a picture of a cat floating in space with laser beams coming out of his eyes. Yes, you read that correctly. Fun fact: I bought this EXACT item for my husband when we were dating because that is the kind of weird we are.
- Lumos Necklace: This necklace is a tiny bottle of blue something labeled lumos that, wait for it, glows in the dark! Bam! Potterheads everywhere will rejoice upon receiving this gift. I can personally vouch for this store because I purchased a Felix Felicis bookmark a few years ago, and it was very amazingly awesome.
- Stranger Things Tee: Your secret Santa will be the envy of all when they are rockin this Stranger Things t-shirt. I am of the mind that I don’t like my fandom shirts to shout out what they are. I am one of those elite nerdy people that only want “real fans” to recognize my tees. I know, I am the worst. Anyway, this shirt is one of those type of deals. It is a Hawkins Middle AV club shirt. Right?!? I know!
Gifts with a Sense of Humor
- Bacon Toothpicks: A metal tin with 60-70 bacon flavored toothpicks. Yes, that is what this is, and it is freakin awesome.
- Gangsta Wrapper Sweater: This sweater comes in 6 different colors and in sizes small-3XL. Basically, everyone on your list needs one of these.
- Punny Coasters: A set of cork-backed drink coasters featuring a cat holding two whisks with the phrase “check out my whiskers” written on them. It doesn’t get much funnier than that, folks.
- T-Rex Dress Socks: Green cotton dress socks with lilac t-rexes all over them are sure to be a hit with all of your friends. Plus, the store name is Designosaur, so yeah, you should all buy these on principle.
- Fox Mug: A ceramic coffee mug available in 11oz and 15oz sizes and can be printed left or right handed (cool!). Item can be gift boxed upon request.
- Origami Pegasus Sculpture: A beautiful hand folded origami pegasus made of metallic gold paper inside a glass dome. Ships from France and the seller will include a handwritten card if you desire. This piece can be customized with a note written on the actual sculpture for a more personalized gift, the seller mentioned writing out wedding vows which sounds like a super sweet idea to me.
- Wooden Hair Sticks: These hand carved ebony hair sticks are nearly 7 inches long and come in several different designs. Plus, they are currently B1G1 (it does not say how long the sale will last, so no promises). I especially like the elephant ones.
- Branding Iron: These steak branding irons are made out of steel, and they are the perfect gift for the grilling fiend in your life. You can choose any three letters or numbers for this personalized gift. I am seriously considering purchasing this for three different family members.
- Soviet Bank Notes: A set of 5 vintage Soviet bank notes from the 1960s. I know this gift is a little odd, but sometimes you have to shop for the person that has everything. You know what that person probably doesn’t have, though? Soviet bank notes. Just sayin.
- Typewriter Key Bracelet: This bracelet is made using vintage typewriter keys. I think it is just plain adorable. The shop has a ton of other items to peruse, not all of them are made of keys, though.
- Mini Desk Calendar: A 3.5 inch mini 2017 desk calendar. The perfect size for any teacher’s desk. The cards for each month are super adorable, and this handmade item ships from the U.S. in 1-3 business days.
- Grammar Pencils: A set of five pencils printed with commonly mistaken grammar rules. I put this in the teacher gift category, but it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to just keep these in supply to hand out to random people everywhere. 😀
- Personalized Key Chain: This key chain is made of hand stamped aluminum, and is customizable to include your teacher’s name and a thank you phrase. The processing time is at least 5 days, so I would order this one sooner rather than later.
- Classroom Stamp: A personalized “from the classroom of” stamp that is available in self-inking, wooden, or wooden with handle. Turn around on these is fairly quick, just fyi for the procrastinators among us…like me.
- Pencil Stickers: A set of 40 pencil stickers. They are stated as being for a planner, but I think a teacher could totally use these in the classroom…or in a planner. I am sure teachers have fantastic planners.
Gifts Under $20
- Engraved Flask: A 6oz stainless steel flask with complimentary engraving. The flask is available in a variety of colors, and the engraving can be done in your choice of style. It is shipped in a plain white gift box for easy wrapping. A great gift for the lush in your life 😉
- Blanket Scarf: This oversized blanket scarf comes in several different tartan prints. The shop offers gift wrapping options for a small upcharge. I can never make a scarf look right on me, but the model looks very fashionable in it.
- Money Clip: A silver-plated, carbon fiber personalized money clip makes a good gift for that friend with lots of unruly money. I actually don’t understand money clips, but this one looks really cool, so there’s that.
- Honey Soap: Rustic handmade chamomile honey soap. I am quite fond of homemade soaps. My mother used to make them all of the time, and they always smelled so much better than store-bought soaps.
- Fabric Coasters: Handmade, 100% cotton fabric drink coasters in a plethora of designs. (this link leads to the ornament pattern). I think these make a fantastic gift, especially as part of a gift basket. The coasters are machine washable for easy cleaning. I bought my MIL a set with lighthouses on them, and she loves them!
- Lego Soap: “Everything is awesome!” Ha Ha. Now that will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day, but seriously this lego mini-fig soap is too adorable to pass up. It comes in several different colors and scents for your bathing pleasure.
- Travel Tic Tac Toe: These little wooden X and O blocks come in a small burlap bag for easy on-the-go playing. A good idea for long car trips with little ones or long waits for a table at a restaurant. This item is handmade and ships from the U.S.
- Name Crayons: Rainbow crayon letters spelling out your giftee’s name in a pretty wrapped box all tied up with colorful yarn. This gift is adorable and would really round out your wee one’s stocking.
- Magnetic Bookmarks: These little guys are made from paper and magnets and they are frackin adorable. This link will take you to the Sherlock bookmark, but the shop also sells many other characters like Hermoine, Khaleesi, and Magnus Bane.
- Scuba Kitty Sticky Notepad: I am going to quote the shop on this one, “3”x3″ square sticky note pad, with 50 full-color sheets of pure awesome.” Yep. That pretty much sums it up. I ordered this for my daughter last year, and the shop owner stuck a few stickers and a card in with the purchase, such a nice little touch.
I hope you were able to knock a few people off your list using this guide! I know I definitely did. 🙂 Etsy is such an awesome place to do your holiday shopping, and I love how so many of the stores offer little wrapping extras.