Disclosure: Some of the links are affiliate links, meaning (at no additional cost to you) this blog earns a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
For some reason, February is the month that you are supposed to express all your lovey-dovey feelings and shower your spouse with roses and candy. 😉 I am one of those people that kinda feels like it was made up to sell more cards and chocolate, and I am not even sure how a Roman God hooked up with a Catholic saint to make a silly holiday anyway. Is there a bah humbug equivalent for V-day?
I think that it would be better to show my love every day instead of waiting for February 14th to roll around, and in an effort to continue improving my marriage, I made a list (of course I did) of little things I can do to show that I care ALL YEAR LONG. Yep. Take that weird diaper wearing baby man!
I actually made this list last year, and I made it through the first couple of weeks before…well, I forgot about it, hey, life gets busy sometimes, but this year, I am going to work really hard at not forgetting because I should be showing my love all the time. We all should, don’t you think? If this year needs anything, it is most definitely more love. Alrighty, let’s get to the list!
- Send an “I love you” text every hour of one day
- Print old photos from your dating years and hang them on the fridge
- Mail a love letter
- Take a class together, you can find all kinds of classes at stores like Michael’s, Lowe’s and Whole Foods.
- Leave a little love note in his coat pocket
- Fill her car with heart shaped balloons
- Frame a cute photo of the two of you for his desk
- Chalk “I love you” on the sidewalk in front of your house
- Encourage her hobby, plan some time for her to do it
- Do a couple of his chores for him when he has had a particularly long day
- Take it old school, and make her a mixed tape of her favorite songs
- Leave “I love you” notes in his book or magazine for him to find later
- Plan a weekend getaway or a staycation
- Make her favorite dessert
- Dress up for him
- Make her breakfast in bed
- Play a game together
- Have lunch delivered to his work
- Make a candygram
- Plan a nostalgia date by visiting places that are significant in your relationship
- Fill the bed with balloons
- Buy her a favorite treat
- Make a photo-book or comic book of your life together
- Plan a romantic picnic
- Leave him a small, thoughtful gift on his pillow
- Take her car to the car wash
- Hide a note in his wallet
- Plan an unexpected date, something out of your element, check Groupon for ideas
- Go for a drive together, bonus points if you find somewhere to “park”
- Make a fancy dinner with candlelight and music
- Flirt, like when you were first dating
- Spend an afternoon unplugged
- Write “I love you” in the fogged over mirror so it reappears when she takes her shower
- Send a text that says “I am proud of you because…”
- Leave a love note under her pillow
- Watch a movie together, bonus points if you let him pick it
- Tell her why she is special
- Build a blanket fort in the living room and spend an afternoon cuddling
- Take a cheesy kissy picture and make it your profile pic or your wallpaper
- Send a compliment every hour for one day
- Have a water gun or Nerf gun battle
- Do some extreme “landscaping”
- Plan a backyard camp out, bonus points if you can make something like this
- Go out to dinner, your treat
- Leave a card on his pillow
- Make a silly video about how much you love her
- Make him lunch with a little love note inside
- Play a silly drinking game until you both get tipsy
- Go stargazing
- Write a thank you note mentioning all the little things you are grateful for but often forget to tell her about
- Drop homemade cookies off at his work
- Give her a back massage
There you go, one simple activity to do per week for an entire year! Now, isn’t that better than celebrating your love on just one day in February?
How do you show your spouse you care? Do you have a good idea I can add to my list?